View Single Post
      02-17-2021, 08:14 PM   #1959
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
It was a dream car to people that couldn't buy it. It's really no different than today's GTR. The people that lust over them can't afford them and the people that can afford them won't buy a Nissan. The Nissan hasn't sold over 500 GTR's a year in the USA since 2015 and even in its best sales year they sold 1700 which is about how many 911's Porsche sells in two months. The Supra suffered miserable sales for the same reason the GTR does today and it's because expensive Japanese sports are are not desirable. Kids, teenagers, and young adults lusting over unattainable cars does not make it a success or an icon.
YES!!! I love the shitty sales on GTR's. The less I see, the better. To me, thats a fabulous thing. Who wants a car where you see one every 3 minutes. Mustang, Camaros, Srt this and that. People can talk shit on the GTR all they want. When it came out in 2009, it changed the game. 80 Grand for a car that was whipping up on supercars. It made all others up there game. Finally 11 years later, BMW has an AWD/Turbo car with some decent power. LOL. All these years later and this new M car will be close to the performance of my 2010 GTR when it was just some bolt on parts. Also, If you don't think a GTR is Iconic, not sure what Model car you would. R32,R33 and R34's. In my opinion, it's been Iconic for a long time
Appreciate 0