View Single Post
      12-13-2019, 07:07 PM   #19
Jntnan17
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frupal View Post
I downloaded the app Bimmercode from the apple App Store, and then paid the $31.99 for the full version (in App purchase). Then I googled bimmercode and found this

https://bimmercode.app/adapters/

I went for the Veepeak BLE adaptor because it was only about $30.00. I use Apple exclusively so I did it all with my iPhone. The App comes with connection instructions built right in and they are fairly straight forward. One thing I screwed up the first time was that I forgot to turn off the car’s Bluetooth. Simple: Settings - Telephone - click the Bluetooth box! And then I also forgot to put my phone in airplane mode. Also, bimmercode makes a backup of your original coding as soon as you open a ‘module’ so if you don’t like the changes - or you lose the connection - it’s very simple to restore to the factory settling.

I was a little intimidated by the word ‘coding’ thinking that I’d end up buried in a pile of 0s and 1s and never find my way out, but this is simple and straight forward. The thing that confused me a bit was the labeling of the ECUs. But I surmised that these were simply locations of them. I think.

I really like all of the changes I made, and they’ve made my car much more livable. Auto mirrors, no seat belt or door chimes, warmer seat heaters, Auto Unlock! (Doors now open when I shut off the engine, eliminating the double door handle pull), Auto shut off (when I open the door, the iDrive shuts down now. I always hated having to push the start button a second time). Oh! And no more ‘legal’ I don’t have to hit ‘confirm’ every time I start her.

Happy Motoring!
Does anyone know the difference between the $31 Veepeak OBDCheck BLE Bluetooth amd the $39 Veepeak OBDCheck BLE Bluetooth+ readers? Thank you.
Appreciate 0