Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelInChicago View Post
One more question ( I think )

Why did you upgrade for the full version? What features does it have in addition to the basic version?

Thanks again.
You can't code anything until you pay and upgrade to the full version. The free version only gives you DEMO mode where you can kind of see how the app works.

The IOS and Android versions work a bit differently. But again, if you read the instructions...it tells you exactly how to connect to the adapter. IOS connects differently...in the venerable fashion of Apple...it will automatically connect to the OBD II dongle when you open the app. With the Android version...you need to connect to BT or Wireless (depending on which dongle you purchased).

Bimmercode also lists their updated dongle recommendations to select from...and I don't remember exactly where...but there's a promo code listed to get a discount off the dongle if you purchase through Amazon...but this requires reading through the instructions and info (sorry I don't remember where the promo code was given).

Also, you can't jump back and forth between IOS & Android when using the Bimmercode app. Which ever version you buy, it will only work on that version. BUT...if you buy an OBD II dongle that communicates with both IOS & Android...there are other apps you can download/use With the dongle to communicate with your car.

For instance, I purchased the IOS version which means I can only use Bimmercode on any apple device I have. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note...and I have the Bimmercode demo app downloaded but can't use my phone to code. But I can use the Veepeak OBD II BT dongle with other apps (like Torque) to communicate with my vehicles.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 10-19-2019 at 03:48 PM..
Appreciate 0