10-18-2019, 03:29 PM   #3
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 640i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post

In regards to #7...I wonder if you'll need to go into EXPERT MODE to select the correct model. It appears that there are just a few models that they've put on the "front page" (aka easy mode). Dink around in some of the coding forums and you may find the correct coding to use as a tutorial map to change the model from M550d.

But still be careful in expert mode because the instructions may be for a model/model year that has a slightly different communication bus & module...so it may not work for your situation in that case...or you may not even be able to find it.

For example, I was watching one of ThicF30's youtube videos where he was coding the BRAKE FORCE flashing light feature...and there were multiple comments that they didn't see the module or the code number in expert mode...but they also failed to mention what BMW model/model year they had. In his f30 3 series...he had a FEM an REM (front electronic module & rear electronic module) that required coding to activate the 3 or 5 flashes when BRAKE FORCE braking activates. I knew immediately that the coding for my f06 would not be the same because it doesn't have an REM nor FEM (I have an FRM aka "footwell module) which controls all the front and rear lighting.
Thanks for this. I think I’ll leave expert mode to the experts. I don’t really need that logo up there. I sure do love the rest of the changes I made though!
Appreciate 0