AccordTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i XDrive Gran Coupe M

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon4822 View Post
Hi, everyone.

I have problem with my 2012 650i, n63 engine.
Injectors were replaced for index 12s, a year ago by the previous owner, after a while car started throwing DMF and codes, missfire on cylinder 2, it was running a little bit uneven, i could feel little missfires under acceleration.
I replaced spark plugs, then changed coils, it did not help, so i've checked the compression, it was fine so i've bought a new injector (also index 12), i've installed it with brand new seal and coded it.
Car ran perfectly, no codes, smooth under full throtle, basically the issue was gone. Yesterday, i came back from to home, parked the car in garrage, and check engine light appeared.

DTC- 140201 - Cylinder 2 misfire detected: cylinder injection cut out.
DTC -142002 - Misfiring: tank level too low

The car was low on fuel (like 30-40km of range left), but would it be a reason to throw this code? What may be the issue?

The only thing that comes to my mind, is decoupling element on injector 2, i forgot to order it, and used the old one. Is it that important?

Second thing, when i took second injector out, i've noticed it had a little bit of play from left to right, when i've unscrewed it. Also the metal fuel line that goes directly to injector from underneath, i felt like it was a little bit loose (i could turn it a few deegres, with a little bit of force). Should it be like that?

I'll be glad for every advice.
HPFP, common issue. BMW will replace under extended warranty.
Carbon Front Splitters
Carbon Rear Diffuser
Carbon Grilles
Powder Coated 373m Triple Bronze
CPG intakes
Arm catless downpipes
Arm charge pipes
Custom Snow Performance methanol injection
Custom exhaust, straight pipes to quad tips
Bootmod3 Stage 2
3.5 Tmaps
xHP Stage 3