View Single Post
      09-12-2018, 05:57 PM   #21
Draman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 650i, G05 X5, Taycan turbo

Probably going to get rid of my 650 with 65000 miles soon due to recent mechanical problems.

Was cruising along the highway at around 75 and went to pass someone, car hesitated and threw a drivetrain malfunction code. The car was shaking around like crazy even though it said I could continue driving. Pulled over, turned it off, let it sit for a minute and started her back up. The shaking was gone, but the drivetrain malfunction warning was still on screen.

Ended up having to replace all my spark plugs, 2 coil packs, the vacuum lines from the EPGW pump (I think that was the name at least) and a pressure converter. Dealer rung me up a nice $2800 bill. $3k repair bills at 65k doesn't seem particularly reasonable to me.

Under warranty I also had an issue of the battery discharging while parked, which required the battery to be replaced. The HUD display also started curving (hard to describe) which required them to change the entire cic or whatever its called. Although that was covered under warranty, the invoice price was something like $6k.

Had my E550 for 120k and an E350 for 120k and never had any problems. Probably go back to Benz again as I previously had serious problems with an Audi (although my S7 has been pretty solid).
Appreciate 0