View Single Post
      03-01-2021, 04:24 PM   #58
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Once again, I never said it was. Now to reiterate an earlier argument, there is in fact a difference between an M Performance variant and a standard model with some primarily aesthetic add-ons making it a sportier looking vehicle or an M sport if you will. I tend to think there's a big difference between those.

The fact that today's M340i has about 50 more hp than an e46 M3 is rather mind boggling. The 0-60 time is much quicker as well. Will it handle better or have that infamous steering feedback of the e46 platform, probably not. I guess that is what has hampered BMW these past few generations, at least with the 3 series.

For me, I decided to buy an M340i xDrive because I thought it struck a nice balance between sportiness and luxury. Moreover, it works as a DD much better than an M3/M4 IMO. It's not a money issue either.
What's mind boggling to me is the price point on the M Sport vehicles. I don't see the value, at all. Truth is: BMW has gone overboard with market segmentation and the product line up has suffered as a result.
Appreciate 0