02-24-2021, 10:10 PM   #56
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
I read this interview as BMW telling us "we don't care what the vast majority of buyers think. We know better than you, so GFY if you don't like it."

I'm old enough to remember the adage that "the customer is always right" and companies WORKED to win consumer approval and admiration of their products. Now it's almost like they think I'm obligated to buy their ugly-ass automobiles! :
Literally they are saying "Ok, Boomer."

Eh I don't care for the brand as a whole anymore. There's no feeling of cohesiveness of their marketing with their products and as you stated, they think they know better than their brand loyalists. I remember as a kid when my mom, uncle and dad all bought the same 1989 e30 325i in manual (all black too! Classic!) because they were great cars and drove it till it fell apart. I kept that feeling with me until I was able to finally afford my own BMW, particularly an M car. Yes I bought it slightly used, but I was holding off so I could buy the next iteration brand new. Now with this G series silly design, the poor marketing and the audacity of the designer, I'm glad I got the last great M car. I'll just enjoy this till the wheels fall off. =)
Appreciate 0