View Single Post
      03-08-2021, 01:11 PM   #31
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

The fact that there are so many interviews defending the design sort of tells you all you need to know. To further that statement creating paid advertisement articles (basically fake interviews) really is just a comedic effort at this point.

I don’t fault BMW for taking a design risk. I don’t like it but I’m just one voice. Others might love it and that’s fine. What really gets me is the sheer arrogance of their marketing and design team which basically amounts to “Fuck you, you’re wrong”. As a customer it’s off putting and insulting. What they should have come out with is “We’re trying something new, let’s see how it works”. Furthermore, BMW is no longer the clear driver’s choice for sporty upscale cars. Frankly, the competition has caught up. I could perhaps live with a undesirable design if it were clearly a top performer but on paper it doesn’t look promising. More weight, auto transmission in competition versions, AWD, etc, I’m really struggling to see what separates this from Audi, Merc, and the likes. The upcoming reviews will give a glimpse but as someone who is looking to change cars in the next few years, BMW is no longer the automatic choice.
Appreciate 9
stein_325i25083.00
arashir164.00
jmack548.50
Ilyam5894.50
Vivek.1367.50
Encanto1165.50