01-16-2021, 02:59 PM   #44
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppasiakos View Post
Not sure why I would pull and replace the rod bearings on a brand new motor, or inspect the crank? Again this is not a remanufactured motor, it is a complete new assembly from BMW. I would think I shouldn't have to do that. Also I am probably going to have my dp's ceramic coated before reinstalling.
My car had the bearings replaced by bmw as a preventative measure and the engine still ate itself. The rod bearings have proven themselves to be a bit of an issue but knowing the warranty company didn't push back on the replacement then I'd prolly let it ride as well. Who knows what the prev owner did or if it was the mods maybe if you stick to a very short oil change interval and have the DP's coated you may be able to avoid a repeat. Just know that a new factory engine isn't an assured path to never seeing the issue arise again.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0