View Single Post
      05-30-2022, 09:18 PM   #465
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Your lap counts are completely incorrect, Perez came in on lap 16 and it took Leclerc 2 laps to respond - I.e. he pitted on lap 18....
Really? depends on how you're counting apparently. These are counted by which lap the race leader is in, which is usual.
And it didn't take LEC 2 laps to respond, but 1 lap and a part of a lap (as he was already past start/finish when PER pitted).
So LEC passed start /finish 1 time before he pitted after PER did.

Anyway, you're looking for excuses to proove your point....
this is not important at all and certainly not worth to label it "completely incorrect"...

Quote:
Redbull did absolutely nothing spectacular in strategy, they did only standard things that any team does when behind and that's either undercut or overcut, Ferrari just messed up.
PER won not because ferrari messed up, but because he was better. Him coming in earlier than LEC gave him the pass. Thats superior strategy.
You say to "either undercut or overcut"...what's that kind of an argument?!?
summing up both possibilities. Don't you understand that only one of them works in favour at that time? The strategy is choosing the right one at the right time. RB chose the right one. Ferrari the wrong one.

Ferrari messing up with the double box gave Max 3rd, but wouldn't have made single difference for PER winning.
Keeping out on wets and go to slicks in 1 go also wasn't the right strategy.... PER overtook SAI that way.
So PER/RB won through:
1. choosing the right time to go to intermediates (passing LEC)
2. choosing the right tyre strategy (passing SAI)

So beating ferrari's strategy not once, but twice.
I call that superior.
But you're as usual the Debbie Downer when RB wins...
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 05-30-2022 at 09:49 PM..
Appreciate 5
M5Rick60187.00
Robin_NL8718.50
NYG10744.00