View Single Post
      01-05-2019, 02:24 AM   #29
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxTHIR13ENxx View Post
I think you're right on; not sure on the "real-life" offset, but this is a second-hand car with known wheel repairs, so very possible that the wheels were swapped out at some point.

With that being said, wouldn't the higher offset cause issues with the suspension? Wouldn't there be rubbing on the spring/strut?

Thanks for the feedback.
Everything in the suspension is the same as the F10 M5 apart from spring rates so there shouldn't be any problems with physical fitment. You'd need a 15mm spacer just to get to stock specs. Also the M5 wheels are 10" and M6 wheels are 10.5" which very slightly stretches the tyre so even with a 15mm spacer you're still slightly inset from stock.

The good news if your front wheels are correct (20x9.5" 31mm) that you'll only need to buy two wheels and then have a good pair of wheels that can fit anywhere on the car and can be used as a spare. If you check out one of my threads you'll see 20x10" M5 343m wheels on the front of my car with 295/30r20 tyres and they are absolutely fine over speed bumps and full lock.