View Single Post
      07-16-2020, 02:32 PM   #27
craigky
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Gran Coupe

FYI Re: Transfer of BM3 License

For anyone trying to sell their BM3 license in the future, I thought i'd give some clarification regarding transfer of ownership. BM3 doesnt let you transfer it on your own apparently. Yesterday, when I was trying to transfer it to the new owner, I hooked up my car to the OBD agent, and via bootmod3 theres a button that says TRANSFER LICENSE. I click that and after typing in new owner's email address and VIN, a message pops up saying "You need to uninstall bootmod3 first. Go to stock tune and click flash -> flash and relock DME option. Once complete you'll be able to proceed with your transter." I thought it was strange since the week before I already did that when I flashed my car back to stock. Regardless, I follow the directions again to flash back to stock and relock DME, and the same message pops up. So, I email support @ protuningfreaks and tell them what is happening. I also include the buyer's email address and VIN, as well as my email and VIN (original owner). This was all at 10pm PST (Protuning freaks technical support is available 9am-5pm EST M-F). The next morning at 7:22am PST (10:22am EST), I get an email from them saying "License transfer has been completed." I message the buyer if he got an email and he confirmed.

PS: Make sure you establish credibility with buyer as well as give assurance and proof to buyer that the sale is legitimate. My buyer and I actually did video chat via WhatsApp, showed each other our cars, exchanged ID's, and even divulged where we both work before doing any transaction. Since the BM3 license is an intangible product, there's a lot of opportunity for fraud. I'm glad my buyer was an extremely honest and cool guy, and happier that the sale went smoothly.

Thanks, foma1 !
Appreciate 0