View Single Post
      04-10-2021, 03:59 PM   #3
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

In regards to “hard to park”...I find the rear/side/front cameras help tremendously...which does away with the “hard to park” argument (for me). I also find the times when there are curbs and you’re driving slow or leaving a parking space or lot & you know there are concrete curbs but you can’t see them...just press the PDC button (or the iDrive control button if you need to quickly switch the view) and if you have side/rear/front view cameras...you can now see how close/far the curbs are and if you’re about to scrape up your alloy rims.

I do the above in my f06 GC and f15 X5 when confronted with concrete curbs that I can’t see. Maybe that tip can help with any BMW model that has side/front/rear cameras when trying to park or leave a parking space.

All the best with the new 3 series...the F30 is a great platform in my opinion.

EDIT: I just remembered that I coded (using the Bimmercode app) my cameras to stay on longer than the default from the factory...so that may be something some can’t do if the cameras shut off too early.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 04-10-2021 at 04:08 PM..
Appreciate 0