04-06-2021, 10:52 AM   #6
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLONG View Post
...Is there a way to modify the ambient lighting (near feet area). It just seem a little dark.

Thanks
Kind of. If you go into iDrive, you can select multiple color combinations. If your car has been unmolested (code wise)...then you have ORANGE, BLUE, and WHITE color selections. If the current color is ORANGE or BLUE...you can change the footwell (or lower) LED selection to WHITE. This should provide a bit more light...but honestly, the purpose of the ambient light option is to be subtle...but it appears that many owners prefer it to be less subtle since there are hundreds of threads about making it brighter. And then there’s the additional “coding” that brings in multiple (new) colors and combinations.

Again, the ambient lighting feature uses 3 different levels (upper/middle/lower) and you can select one color or different combinations of colors.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1
KLONG6.00