View Single Post
      03-21-2021, 05:46 AM   #4
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelbourneFinn View Post
Anyone here had a chance to do a good test drive of the new M3? Am I crazy to consider M3 Comp as a replacement for the GC? Performance wise I they should be on the same level, except taking them on a twisty road the M3 might be quite a bit quicker...? I'm really not ok with the nostrils and the digital only gauge cluster is awful (but in reality I'm not really looking at the dials often, mainly HUD, so I think I could possibly live with it). And no more CD player sucks, maybe with an aftermarket upgrade and playing lossless format via cable from iPhone can come close in reality (not using standard H/K sound system, but that's reasonably easy to fix). Otherwise the G80 appears to be quite easy to like... on paper...

But what about the actual driving? If anyone has has a chance to do a good back to back comparison, I'd be keen to hear thoughts/feedback.
You should go and test drive it but let me give you other view.
I used to have 2013 M6 Coupe for 3 years and at the end of lease replaced with 2016 M4 CP. Two years later replaced M4 with 2018 M3 CP. For the total of 4.5 years although they were fun cars but believe me or not every single day when I saw an M6 on street got regret why I replaced my M6 until couple weeks ago that I got M8 and now I am happy ... The point is when you experience power and luxurious, nothing less can make you happy again so I dont recommend this replacement unless you want to keep M6 and get G80 M3 as second car
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 2