View Single Post
      08-11-2019, 09:20 AM   #30
hunchobimmer5
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadyliving View Post
I have a 2012 BMW 650i, which I purchased used from Momentum BMW in Houston, TX back in Dec 2017. Fortunately, I purchased an extended warranty for that "just in case" security since the car had roughly 54K miles on it. The car was driven for about 4K miles before I took it in for some service light issues I kept getting - drive train, tire pressure, etc. They tell me the oil gasket has to be replaced and perform that service. The very next day I get my car back and start to hear a odd ticking sound when decelerating, around 3000 RPMs. Over the next 2 days that sound grew in intensity and I decided to drive the car over to the dealership - by the time I pulled up to the dealership the car knock was so loud that the SA asked me to turn if off immediately. He grabbed a veteran tech and had me turn on the car, and he immediately asked me to turn it off. He was certain it was failed engine and required a replacement.

7.5 MONTHS LATER....

My car is still sitting in the shop. I have been making payments on the car loan and I still have no ETA on a replacement engine. I have escalated with BMW of NA and they claim that since my car was part of the class action lawsuit, I have no recourse for action and they cannot do anything outside of the court ordered reparations - as a result I just have to wait.

I have owned several of their cars over the years and even motorcycles. I've been a die hard BMW fan the majority of my life. The lack of communications from BMW on replacement engines is a clear example of how company failures extend beyond their piss-poor engineering on these motors.

I'm chucking the deuce on BMW.

so what happened? did they replace your engine with a N63tu? if so how is it running? hit me up on private
Appreciate 0