View Single Post
      11-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #625
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
I was a PS2 snob and my buddy talked me into the new Pilot Super Sports. In my opinion, they don't compare to the PS2s for grip. PS2s would have loads of grip until about 2/3 the way through their life. The Super Sports were breaking loose just a month or two after putting them on. My past PS2s had the same amount of grip when i took them off of the car as my 3 month old Super Sports do right now. Quite disappointed. They are supposed to last longer, but i can't speak to that yet.

If you want max grip, i'd stick with the PS2 maybe try the PS3s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
I agree completely with you, the PSS does NOT perform like the PS2 does. If you are looking for flat out performance, the PS2 is what you are looking for between the two, if you want more longevity, the PSS is a better pick.

Nice, this is very helpful. I'm not looking for the absolute best performance anymore. And, as you guys alluded to the treadwear on the PS2s are absolutely atrocious.

I'll probably just try the PSS for my next set of tires. Living in Texas, we don't really see any snow so I'm primarily concerned with dry and wet traction between 40 and 100 Fahrenheit, although I've driven my car (gingerly) at sub-freezing temperatures before with no issues.
Appreciate 0