View Single Post
      04-30-2020, 11:56 PM   #21
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Don't know that any pics of me as a kid ever made it into digital format. Thank God.

My Mom had a Super 8 movie of me as a baby (maybe 2 y.o.?) screaming my head off while my Godmother was trying feed me some Gerbers carrot mush. Carrots and drool and ugliness everywhere. She never failed to pull that movie out at the worst times (like if I ever brought a girlfriend by the house). Then she had it converted to VHS. Luckily that was the end of it.
And now for the challenge: Find that Super 8. Play it and take a photo of the screen with your cell phone. If there is a car in the photo, share it. If there is no car in the photo, share it anyway.

Kidding aside, I have been working on a photo project since the shut in. I'm converting old slides to digital by projecting the slides in the carousel onto the white screen and taking a photo with my dslr camera of the projected image on the screen. They are coming out great. In fact, the photo at the top of this thread was taken that way.

My next project is to project Super 8 movies and make a digital video recording from my camera and, voila, digital movies of old Super 8 rolls. Let's hope it works.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00