View Single Post
      05-09-2019, 04:52 PM   #1
SDLionM6
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Smile BMW Replaces M6 Engine After Metal found in Oil and Scored Cylinder Walls

Went through a Crazy event with my 2014 M6 Coupe w/ CP past few months.

Running sluggish, complained to service manager for over a year about what I thought was turbo lag and they just didn't think there was a problem. Car Only has 20K miles on it! Finally they called in their turbo expert to look at it. Ran tests, keep it for a week, found metal particle in the oil, changed the oil, told me to drive it for 750 miles and bring it back for further testing.

Brought it back and they said they found internal engine damage; scored cylinders, cylinder damage, metal particles in the oil, low compression, and after 2-weeks... I was told a New Engine was on order and Covered by My Warranty!!!

New Engine has been installed and I'm 280 miles into the 1,200 mile Break-In Period.

I was Very Impressed with Corporate BMW taking quick action and providing a replacement engine. However, I was told there is NO Warranty as there was no out of pocket costs to me for labor and parts.

When I go back at 1,200 miles I want to make sure the car is tuned properly to the M6 Competition Specifications. Other than that can anyone think of any other things I should ask or be aware of?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
DRKNTM615.50