Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh View Post
You are right on the nail.

I'm in the market for a smooth V8, 2 door coupe for a reasonable price.
Something somehwat spacious, yet luxurious, but still enjoyable. BMW offered no choice for me.

Audi had S5 and MB had E550 Coupe. Currently, I'm settling for the E550 Coupe as soon as it rolls out in September with V8 TT with over 400hp. The S5 will be getting supercharged V6, which is also a great choice.

Either BMW should consider 5 series coupe or drop the 6 series coupe, by ALOT and still keeping the power plant with that price. Which I assume is nearly impossible, so BMW certainly isn't catching the market in semi-luxury Coupe segment.
There's a big hole in both of your (blipit's) opinions: the A/S5 and "E-Class Coupe" lines aren't in the same class as the new 6 Series. The A/S5 are based on the B8 A4's chassis; clearly a class below the larger 5/6 Series classes, and the E-Class coupe is a marketing ploy seeing as the car is actually a C-Class in a nicer body shell. That's right, it's not tied to the larger Benz's chassis as they'd like to have you thinking.

That premium is justified after all. You're paying for a bigger car in a higher level of class.
Appreciate 0