02-03-2021, 10:23 AM   #2838
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
I was on adderall for 3 months in early 2019. I was up for a promotion and wanted to focus and shine to get the position. At my three month follow up, I was hypertension stage 2, and at 32 years old and 110 lbs on a 5'3" frame, my doctor was concerned. My diastolic number rose 30 points from my initial appointment when I got the RX . I haven't been on it in over a year and I would imagine it would have dropped by now.

I drink a cup of coffee a day, but doesn't everyone?
Oh damn, adderrall really did a number on you lol. Cup of coffee a day is completely fine haha, I'm between 2-3 cups a day. Might be something you want to get checked out, especially if it is consistently high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
I would try to find time after your workout to get a stretch in. Also, something that may help in between is yoga. I can shoot you a few short ones (10-15 mins) that focus on that section. It's made a lot of difference for me because I drive a lot and I like the extra stretching. Breathing correctly during stretching (just like during workouts) is important. It's crazy how many people hold their breath during stretching not even realizing their doing it.

Massages are great! I would look for someone who is more focused on deep tissue/sports massages. It's relaxing but there's nothing better than getting those tight muscles worked. I've been to a chiropractor before and once again it's about finding the right one. I'm torn on this one. I didn't love the manipulation of my neck and spine. I found the combination of the 2 above for me really helped me more in the long run.
Please send them over! At this point I'll take any tips/tricks you can offer haha. I think I need to work on my breathing during stretching. Have it down completely when lifting, but always forget to focus on it when stretching.

Hm Maybe I will look for a massage rather then a chiropractor visit then. I'll have to do some research. I appreciate the advice!
Appreciate 0