View Single Post
      02-01-2021, 12:45 PM   #2826
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
2-3months is my typical bulk/cut cycle. You have the right idea not to quickly transition from a bulk to a cut and rather to slowly move towards it. I think roughly 250calories/week decrease until you're at your target calorie intake is perfect. My only tip/trick I can offer is to listen to your body. If you drastically up cardio and feel lack luster in there make sure you are getting enough carbs - depending on how well you did on your bulk you may see the weight coming off much quicker then expected. That is all fine, but if I see that happening I try to slow it down - this would mean to slow your rate of calorie reduction to a point where weight reduction is consistent.

Long story short, slow transition periods are much better then rapid. The point of a proper cut is to maintain the muscle that you've put on through your bulk. This means if you attack the cut too hard you will lose your gains.
Thank you sir! I learned the slow approach last spring....the hard way. I was comfortable with the mass I put on during my bulk, but didn't approach my cut in the same manner that I approached my bulk, slowly. I lost a good part of my gains last year. I'm still relatively new to all this, but learning from mistakes. I'm going to try to not do much (read as "if any") cardio. I'm way too comfortable with it. I can spend 45-1 hour doing cardio and not bat an eye. My problem last transition was that I wanted to drop the fluff so quickly, I went way too aggressive.

I consider this entire experience as my human body science experiment. I learn and adapt with each phase. Looking forward to seeing what I look like come summer.
Appreciate 1
JP102463.00