View Single Post
      07-13-2020, 01:11 PM   #845
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
So we wanted to freshen up the look but it is tricky as the house has heavy trim and a certain level or ornateness to it so going hard modern won’t fit. To make things REALLY difficult, the ground floor was white oak and upstairs and stairs themselves red oak. NIGHTMARE situation, really was.

Compromise sees a bit too much red/pink in the floors on second level and had to go with the contrasting steps to break up the transition. We love the ground floor white oak and how that turned out but the second floor was just miserable to deal with as we did not want to go dark with flooring.

Obviously we are missing décor items, art work etc but this gives you an idea of the changes.

Formal dining, you can see the flooring we like here. Have since moved the mirror and added art work from croatian/australian Billich.

Contrasting stairs to try and ease the transition from white to red oak.

Upstairs

Changed flooring in the basement, added couch and 65 inch TV. It’s much bigger than it looks here as it is a horseshoe but I won’t bore you with too many pictures.

Now the kitchen, I would have went with SS fridge and dishwasher to break it up but wife wanted panels. Really happy with how it turned out, missing drinking faucet here and a few other finish items but you get the drift. Mix of shaker and slab to transition from old school to modern.

I will say the flooring in these images is far redder than they really are, the dining room photo above gives a better idea of the colour.

Went with induction but I wanted knobs, loathe touch panels.

Bar turned out superb, really happy with it. The drawer between the bar ad the fridge pulls out for wine storage and a prep shelf. I’ll post a picture if anyone asks!

Nicely done!! That being said, a bunch of images didn't come through and says they are being protected by owner. Just fyi.

Still, that reno must have cost over $100K with everything you did. And that backyard is amazing for Toronto - I used to work there so I have a general idea. We have a little over 2 acres where we live now, so bit different but we left most of it treed. Which is causing me no shortage of grief now, because the arborists want $5K just to take down the 10 or so ash/pine trees that are dead and need to come down as they are close enough to hit the house.
Appreciate 0