View Single Post
      12-01-2021, 11:58 PM   #6
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Hopefully someone with a RHD model will chime in. Those of us with LHD models & early builds (pre facelift) w/NBT ID4 have the USB in the roof of the glovebox.

If you have a RHD model, the steering wheel is located on the side of the car where the DATA/USB is located…so I’ve never heard (or don’t remember) any RHD owners mention where the USB port is located.

Our owners manual (LHD) tells us where it is located…is this info missing in the RHD owners manual?

EDIT: did a search for previous threads on this topic…below are some quotes from other forum members from Europe (RHD & diesel) owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Crockett View Post
Ok, I have checked my car and I have some updates. In the owner´s manual it is stated that cars equipped with Professional Navi and/or TV the software update should be made through the USB port in the armrest. Cars without Professional Navi and no TV should do the update through the glovebox. So there we might have an answer to that. Again, my car is a diesel built in late August 2013.

In the owner´s manual it is also stated that it can be done through BMW TeleServices, but that option did not pop up when I tried according to the instructions. Maybe the car has to be in motion?

I will take my car for service tomorrow before it is time for its winter sleep - will ask the dealer then. I also checked which version I have and was MN-003.011.002 and TN followed by the same number.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBMWWINS View Post
I just checked my car and there is NO USB port inside or around the glove box. Mine is equipped with SA609 (Navi pro). Thus it makes sense according to what is stated above in post #18.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 12-02-2021 at 01:19 AM..
Appreciate 0