Thread: New M6 owner
View Single Post
      03-06-2024, 09:02 AM   #10
machareus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '15 F06 M6 CP, '21 Alpina XB7

Welcome to the club! I love my F06, I smile every time I'm in it.

Re: competition package, the M6 was before BMW started doing Competition versions in the model name. The M6 had an option which was the competition package, and that package added HP, changed the steering ratio, and stiffened the suspension. On the M5, the competition package also lowered the suspension by 10mm but not on the M6. There were no markings on any cars with the competition package to indicate its inclusion.

However there were also 100 M6 coupes made called the Competition Edition. These were normal M6 coupes outfitted with basically every option including the competition package (ETA: and all the M Performance parts as brad850csi pointed out above) but only in white or gold. And those 100 cars did have markings to indicate that they are Competition Edition...on the side markers, door sills, and cup holder cover. Nothing on the rear badge...just said M6.

I believe the subsequent generation M5 was the first to be called Competition in the model name and have that word included in the rear badge.
Appreciate 1
JDMSteven474.50