View Single Post
      09-29-2021, 07:43 AM   #1394
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep
Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

So a couple weeks before the tornado hit I had a landscaper out to look at some stuff at my house. There were a couple trees that we wanted knocked down, I wanted a little fill dirt around the concrete pad, and I wanted some gravel poured in the area behind the house near the washbay. Well the tornado hit so all of that was rescheduled. Over the next couple months we got the house back to livable conditions, made some improvements, cleaned up the yard and had a new fence put up. On Monday my contractor came and installed our gutter guards, which essentially finished the house. My wife and I had decided that when the house was finished we could get back to the Biergarten project, so we had called the landscaper back and he showed up yesterday. He started with the fill dirt around the pad, nothing special but it will keep me from breaking my ankle if I step off it washing a car. He then filled some low spots and put down fabric.

Untitled by Nick Wood, on Flickr

Then he put down the edging and laid the gravel. I went ahead and moved the bench and fire pit from out of my washbay where they have been sitting for almost a year now.

After the kiddos went to bed, I assembled the chairs that we had ordered right before the tornado. They were delivered the Monday after the tornado so we had used the boxes to block off the main room of the house since it was full of glass. I was happy to finally get them together.

And since this has been months in the making, I set them all up and had a beer out there last night. It was too late to start a fire so I stuck a magnetic work light on the washbay for ambiance.

We still need to plant ferns along the edging, hang up some signs, put up the lights, build a little pallet fence around the AC unit, and set up the traditional Biergarten table. I have a feeling we are going to spend a lot of time out here.
Appreciate 7
lakefront560.50
RickFLM410974.50
King Rudi13154.00
Buug95917400.50
vreihen1615269.50
dtox9336.00