04-28-2019, 07:06 PM   #218
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
Thnx. Indeed it is! I also kinda want to vinyl wrap some of it, too.

Having raked most of the backyard manually...you bet! I need to go calculate the intersect where the lawn & mowing company costs would cross what I just forked out. Still, it'll be good to have more direct control over the lawn.

Sounds like I generally had the right order (save the differing steps of seeding). Why mix the Humic-12 w/ the RGS when the RGS has at least some humic in it already?

I've got some weeds coming up now...a few dandelions but mostly some tall thing that I can't identify.

I was thinking of ordering seed from GCI but man that is pricey. At a 6 lbs/1,000 sq ft rate, I'd need 3 bags which is $360+s/h. I might wait until next Saturday to see what Russo has available in bulk. I'll admit that I'm a bit unsure what grass type to seed with. Russo has mostly ryegrass but it seems that a mixture of other grass would be wise for Chicago.

Yeah, the Carbon-X is more cost effective. I added it to my little Excel calculator to figure out how many fert bags and approx cost I'd need. I just select which parts of the yard from a drop down and the formulas do the rest. I can also adjust the coverage/application rate as needed.
there's only 6% Humic in the RGS which as you know the RGS is for Root Growth stimulant whereas with conjunction with Humic12 which has 12% which helps with your soil amendment as well as increased nutrient uptake for the grass. really in a nutshell from what I learned with Humic Acid is it's all part of allowing the grass to survive hot summers and less water because of the Humic. The RGS helps allow the roots to grow deeper into the soil to access the micro nutrients and water to also survive the hot summers.

Pete from GCI does have some nice grass seed which i'll be using here in the fall for overseeding. I like his tall fescue and his grass seems to do very well. tho pretty pricey it's not too bad compared to where Ryan Knorr, Jake and Allyn Hayne buys some of there seed from "The Super Seed Store" they are really pricey on their fescues. I had a smaller lot out from that I wiped out due to some tall clumping fescues which really got annoying when mowing but I ended up going to my local nursery and picking up their variety of tall fescue. i'm not a fan of rye grass.

I would just spot spray those dandelions or if it's really bad do a blanket treatment. I use Spectrecide from Menards. does the job and I buy the concentrated bottle which gives me more product for the season.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0