View Single Post
      07-20-2019, 04:57 PM   #37
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBear View Post
Can I run a 265 35 20 Michelin 4S front with a 305 30 20 Michelin Cup 2 without handling/ABS/TCS problems?

The 305 rear is 27.2" compared to 27.0 for the 295.

The car came with 295 Michelin Super Sports and Pirelli in the front and the car is a true pain to drive. Handling is the worst of any BMW I have ever driven. No stability at all. No hook up. Not planted on the road. It is all over the place.

Is the core problem the mixture of Pirelli in the front and Michelin in the rear or do I have a blown shock?

I would hate to buy new Michelins and still have the same issue.

Another thing is that I get no TPMS data in i-Drive. Does that mean the batteries in the sensors are dead? No errors or warnings showing.

Thank you.
After I went with the 305 PS4S at the rear I left the Pirellis on the front for another few months and had no issues like what you describe. Perhaps the alignment on your car is screwed or maybe the tyres are really old?

With the F8x cars they have taller rear tyres stock by about 0.5” and apparently if you run tyres that are closer to even in height the traction control becomes quite intrusive.

I haven’t had the chance to try PS4S in 295 vs 305 but the taller tyre may provide you with a less intrusion from the traction control. I guess this issue might be a bit more magnified if your Pirellis have a lot of tread on them and the Michelin’s are best the end of their life
Appreciate 0