View Single Post
      11-14-2019, 04:08 PM   #77
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboatster View Post
But we are talking about sport cars here. It’s true that in some places there’s a tiered licensing system, but often if you are above a certain age (def younger than 25), you can pass the test for a full license.
Gentlemen’s agreements are a thing of the past, and it only limited the top speed for Japanese superbikes at slow 186mph. Doubt it helps that much.
Another thing is that motorcycle don’t tend to mask your lack of skill, many will actually highlight it. You tend to run out of skill at much lower speeds than in a car, and for many people it’s where they quit riding or start to develop some common sense.
Anyways, tiered system will only help if there’s better training. In any event, this is a different problem we are discussing here, young sport bike squids are very different breed from the young jocks driving Porsche’s.
I only bring this up because of the statements of any fool that can buy a high horsepower car. It's mind boggling the amount of horsepower cars are putting out stock. But much of this has been over the past few years.

The sport bike discussion I brought up has been going on for much much longer than the problem with the current high horsepower cars. Many don't know about this issue with sport bikes. This just highlights that the licensing system in the US is a total joke. Places where there are graduated licensing for motorcycle endorsements also have more stringent licensing requirements for one to operate a 4 wheeled cage. Just something to think about.
Appreciate 0