09-10-2021, 11:52 PM   #10
Mandrake
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6GC MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by city1991 View Post
Damn, 90,000?
It's a beautiful and rare specimen for sure. There were only 42 6-Speed MT F06 M6 over the 4 LCI model years. There can't be more than a few a year coming up for sale now, and they're worth whatever someone will pay--might be a lot and might not be so much. But I had the same reaction about this ask. This car is a 2019, the last year. It has the best iDrive of any M6 and the final refinements of its generation. But it lacks the big ticket optional CCBs and has almost 40K miles, a lot for its age. By one measure, my own 2016 MT with half the miles, I would not sell for twice the price. So maybe $90K is a steal?

Certainly used cars are bringing good money these days and that accounts for some premium here. The MT adds allure that I understand as an MT-only buyer, but even so I find this price unrealistic even if I wouldn't sell at the same level. The F06 seems to be the last and best GT BMW ever made with an MT and maybe some day the market will appreciate that, but I don't think that day is here. Auction results suggest this price is unlikely to clear, either. Maybe someone who has to have an MT will pay $70K? I'd expect to see $55 to $65 at auction, though. My volunteered opinion worth exactly nothing!
Appreciate 0