Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M6 Convertible, '16 M6 CE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjay56 View Post
Hi all,

I'm in the market for an F13 M6, found one locally (2016, ~35k miles). Got the PPI done by a reputable shop, and the car needs some work. According to the shop, it's nothing major. BUT, they said that this is where the concern lies:

"Remove and replace exhaust side bank 2 camshaft position sensor, clear faults and test drive to confirm no further issues. This is the first step- may have deeper issue that will need further diagnosis."

The Nissan dealership that has the car agreed to either:
-fix the issues themselves (HELL no)
-reduce the price of the car by the cost of these repairs

Of course, they did not agree to pay for the service at the third party shop. They do not want to be on the hook if the car reveals to have more issues once further diagnosis is done.

My questions: How big of a risk would I be taking if I got the car with this issue? Should I just walk away from the deal? I am the farthest thing from a mechanic, so I'm not sure how serious this is. Also, it is so difficult to find a newer M6 Coupe! Seems like all the later years, they were GCs.....

Service bill for the repairs and the PPI report are attached. Take care guys, thanks in advance for any responses!

-Eric

OP I have a 2018 M6 Coupe convertible that I will be turning in at the end of the lease (end of September). Alpine White with Individual Amaro Brown interior, B&O system. The car will have ~13k miles. If you are interested I will PM you the name of the dealer I work with so you can make direct contact. The car has been exclusively serviced at this dealer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0