View Single Post
      12-16-2018, 07:31 PM   #1
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Proud M6 Gran Coupe Owner..*My Journal*

Hey everyone!

As of three weeks ago, I officially joined the "dark side" as I sold my CLS AMG and jumped into the car that I've longed for for a solid two years; an M6 Gran Coupe. What. a. car! I went back and forth with whether or not I wanted the coupe or GC, but after seeing and driving both, I was 100% sold on the GC. It's just something about a four door "saloon" that does it for me.

Specs on the car:
-'14 F06 M6 Gran Coupe
-Silverstone Metallic
-Competition Pack
-Executive Pack
-Driver Assist Pack
-Bang & Olufsen
-Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
-1 Owner

This particular thread I'm sure will include a lot of modifications/advice, etc. that's already been covered, but I like to create these type of pages to keep everything in order and to document the before/after process of all that I do. So please, by all means feel free to follow along and add your advice/tips as see fit!

So, what all do I plan to do? This of course will probably change as time goes on, but currently, this is the plan;

Current Mods:
I just had a set of H&R sport springs installed and 12mm M&S spacers added to the rear, none on the front. I actually like the look of the front wheels being more tucked while the rear pokes out with a flush fitment. Gives it that 'V' stance that I like. It's actually a little lower than I thought it would be, but I'm 100% happy with the overall appearance.

Future Plans:
-Front bumper getting redone. There are minor paint chips and a small hump on the bottom lip that needs fixed. The orange side markers are actually going to be sprayed too - save me from having to purchase new ones. Car was taken in today.
-Replacing OEM plastic 3 piece front lip
-Megan Racing Supremo axel back exhaust in black chrome
-VRSF Catless DP's
-Tuning? Leaning toward Mission Tuning at the moment
-Intake? Other than charcoal filter delete, I'm sure not. I originally planned to through in a set of BMC filters but I read how some people ran into issues as those are oiled filters..
-15% window tint all around
-Grille, side vents, center chrome section of door handles and trunk badge all replaced in gloss black.
-Vorsteiner style CF diffuser
-CF front lip (center section only)
-Wheels powder coated in a semi-gloss gun metal color

Now here's where my extreme anal-ness kicks in...Paint Correction. I will probably spend about 25-30 man hours getting the car in near perfect shape. This will include a multi step decontamination, compound, polish, interior, trim, sealants, coatings, etc. This is where I think I can truly add value to the forum for those interested..

I want to thank all of you here who actively post about our cars - definitely helped me during my research! Now with all that being said, here's a couple pics of the beast!

Appreciate 1
Mdriv3r148.50