View Single Post
      04-10-2020, 10:26 AM   #8
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8DUDE View Post
Thanks guys, great input. More maintenance than normal I can deal with. So the power limit is essentially 650 rwhp before I’m taking my chances with engine failure? How about the clutch packs at that power?

Can’t deny it’s very easy on the eyes and about the sexiest 4 door I can think of, huge part of its appeal. The DCT, plush interior, and space for the family are all big factors too. Does the price for year and specs seem reasonable? Getting an aftermarket warranty included in the deal is a great suggestion. This doesn’t need to be a drag strip demon but I’d like to be able to hang with pretty much anything I might find on the highway and a 1/2 mile event seems like it could be fun in this car. I could always get another C6 vette for a more dedicated track car down the road or even a base C8 after a while.
650rwhp is a good safe number before you start breaking things actively i would say. after that you will start to slip the clutch in the dct. there is an upgrade clutch pack though, SSP seems to be the best upgrade. dont do any dig runs with really with R compound tires, like the R888R or cup2 tires, if you rock super sports or even P4s, you will be fine and not have t worry about breaking axles. if you want to start pushing more power i highly suggest meth injection to aid in cooling the charge air, and that is the territory for engine failure.

So 650rwhp is the target for a "low maintenance" "safe" car. it will keep up with almost everything else on the highway for sure. the car at the crank for 650rwhp should be around 750 crank horsepower. you will absolutely be able to keep up with demons and other high horsepower cars. the DCT will give you a big edge. also dont concern yourself so much with peak numbers on this car, because its delivers a very flat power curve through the whole band!

I havent taken down many cars in my area but i have only lost to another M5 that i know, and it was a monster in sheeps clothing.

you will not be disappointed at all in this car, guaranteed!