03-25-2020, 10:10 AM   #1271
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Not really BBQ I guess, although I do make it in the smoker, but made some badass jerkey the other day. For some reason the meat I usually get was extra thin this time around and towards the end I accidentally left the heat on too high and fell asleep. Anyways ended up coming out way better, only wish I had made more.
What cuts? I ran my first attempt thru the smoker on Saturday. I found some sort of almost round cut at the local store, then found a recipe from Masterbuilt (my electric smoker) that had apple cider as the main ingredient.

Firstly, apple cider is just WAY too strong a flavor. Second, I didn't think leaving a bit of fat on the edges would be an issue, but while the meat was nicely solid, the fat was still all white and jiggly. That is the dog's favorite bit. Just too far from bacon fat for my tastes. "But between the two of them, they licked the platter clean!"

This morning I dropped some thin flank steak into a mixture of Sweet Baby, beer, water, and chile pepper and just a touch of plain white vinegar. When I get home it's going in the smoker at 180 for about 5 hours.
Appreciate 0