M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by babaikram View Post
The problem with M8 interior is not the quality of materials but lack of wow factor. The basic layout is not so different from 3 series. Unlike 6 series and M6 (mine has individual interior) when the interior is really different from other series the swooping leather from the centra console to the dash is so distinctive.
I see your point but to me the quality by itself plus the shape of center console extended to dash beside the stitching Marino leather on seats and door among with nice dash leather in F92 M8 is a big wow factor.
I believe today's interior is kind of signature for any manufacturer and that's why different models have the same concept/ platform.
For example below you can see the pictures of different models/ generations.
On the right side you can see the interior of previous generation of M3 (F80) on the top compare to M6 (F13) on the bottom.
The left side you can see the comparison between new generation G80 M3 compare to F92 M8. You can see that signature I am talking about. I admit F13 is several steps above F80 but you can't say F13 interior is from another world compare to F80 3 series.
To me F80 is a basic F13 and G80 is a basic F92

P.n: BMW started the new policy around 2013 to make the interior of all models similar and they started with M6 steering wheel back in 2013. If you recall M5 was introduced a year before M6 and the steering wheel was the same as 2011 650i but they upgraded to M6 type at the time of facelift and later on F8x M3/M4 got the same steering wheel as well as almost similar center console around the gear lever and iDrive knob...
I get your points.