View Single Post
      03-22-2020, 12:30 PM   #17
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSTAR_007 View Post
I have stock DP’s with the full Meisterschaft system (non valued) and I get drone at 1,800-2,200 RPM. I would have gone with the valved set-up if I was going castles DP’s but I may have to adapt the valves in as at cruising speed it’s more than I want. The set-up sounds awesome running through the gears otherwise.

I had the Soul Performance “resonated muffler delete” prior and that droned as well. Starting to think all may have some at this point. The GTHAUS team are great t work with, does the valved set-up control the drone if that’s what you have? I would hate to adapt for 20% of the time I drive the car in more traffic or steady hwy pace.
I have the Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust with catless , with the valves closed on the highway the drone is very close to what stock is , but I usually leave them open , If I would go on say a 8hr drive the valves will come in handy it takes a lot of that deep tone out , or when I pull up next to my house when it’s late it’s pretty quiet, the only think I don’t like about the valves is when driving in comfort it has a little buzz in the exhaust at a low rpm , I shift with the paddles 99.9% of the time will remedy this , also to mention if you use your paddle shifters on the highway you can control the pitch of the drone even with the valves open ,you can make it quiet even with the valves open. I can even drive with my wife in the car and she doesn’t complain at all and that’s saying a lot lol
Appreciate 0