Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_jeremy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz555 View Post
Thanks for sharing Jason. Although it is heavy camouflaged it clear that this will be giant step forward. This 7 Series will kill already obsolete MB S class (we all know that last real S class was W140). I have a feeling that this 7 will be leading car of its class, by far.
You must have not driven the new S. There is nothing obsolete about that car. No doubt the new 7 will be a step forward in technology, as it should be, but killing the S will not. I am curious about the design with the split headlights but the 7 was never a looker so lets see.
It's also a car named EQS which i7 will be up against, i reckon the new 7 will dissapoint - again, beeing the second best car in this segment.
My opinion, the 7 Series will always fall behind the S Class. Not saying that because the 7er is a bad car, but the final product is not what buyers want in this segment and that has more to do with being a BMW - it's never going to check all the boxes you would expect for a full-size luxury car whether it's aesthetics, features, drive characteristics.

You look at the G11, at the time, it had every thing you would expect in a full-size luxury but what really held it back was the drive - the suspension was not well sorted vs the S Class and even the A8. It's still more comfortable than other BMW's but it's still a BMW so there's that "sport" factor that you'll find that people in this segment aren't exactly looking for.
Appreciate 2
///M TOWN16524.50
F32Fleet3571.50