View Single Post
      01-03-2019, 02:56 AM   #7
ManhattanBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclin View Post
So I discovered, at an inopportune moment, that my car is missing the tire compressor and sealant. Cursed myself out for never checking.

Does anybody have a part number by chance? Can somebody take a pic so that I can see what it looks like?

Is there a cover that goes over the compressor storage space (besides the false trunk floor). I'm assuming the compressor and sealant goes in the space between the battery and the bumper, under the false floor of the trunk?

Thanks in advance!
I understand the desire to want to have original BMW equipment, but ever since my E46 M3 (I now own a F13 M6), I have had plenty of flats, and never ended up using the M Mobility kit in conjunction with the sealant. Instead, I called BMW or AAA roadside assistance, had my car flatbedded to the nearest tire center or BMW dealership, and had the tire fixed with a patch. The problem with using any sealant is that it gets all over the rims, and if you not get the rim completely clean after application of a sealant, it will throw off the balance of the wheels. That said, I have used just the compressor to pump up the tire pressure when there have been small leaks, when the tire pressure warning light comes on, so I can make it to the tire center or dealership to patch my tire. But the problem with the M Mobility compressor, is that you need to run it from the car’s cigarette lighter, and the power cord only reaches so far. So what I have done is get a cordless air compressor, which looks like a cordless drill, and use that instead. Plenty different models, and I ended up getting the Robyi model on Amazon, which has an integrated air pressure gauge. Much easier to use than the M Mobility kit. BTW - the M Mobility kit for the M6, and I am not sure if the one pictured is that model, does fit in that covered space in the back of the trunk.

Last edited by ManhattanBMW; 01-03-2019 at 03:01 AM..
Appreciate 0