03-19-2020, 03:42 PM   #165
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zara View Post
Oil, a few solar/energy companies and AMD is what I'm looking at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricVR4 View Post
I'd hold off on oil for now just to see what the bottom might actually be.

In another thread (maybe this one, can't remember) I had mentioned I work for a contractor company on a BP program and that they hadn't reacted to the price drop yet.

Well, they are now. They're currently going through the portfolio of projects on our program and seeing how much money they can shift from 2020 into 2021 without having an impact on too many critical installs they need. That to me shows that they're worried enough about the slump that's happening and that they expect it to continue for a bit, but at least not last long-term. So I'd just keep an eye on the prices and don't get too tempted yet because they may keep dropping.
Which oil stocks/companies are you guys looking at? FANG & XOM are ones I'm considering. Shell is a good one as well, pays a nice dividend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
same here. I don't have much in stocks... only about 3 months worth of salary. But 50% is amazon and 50% is google. I guess not diversifying in this case helped us out.

Glad I didn't jump on board with the tesla bandwagon in January/February when people were saying it was about to pass 1000 any day. now its down to the 400s.

edit: hmmm might not be a bad time to jump on board with tesla now that I think about it

I still don't think Tesla is at the bottom just yet. Their value currently is around the same time as December 2019 when it was on a huge uptick. I'd wait till they can get the factory re-opened again. They're meeting with the Sheriff's today I believe.
Appreciate 1
Humdizzle6105.00