10-18-2021, 07:52 PM   #286
DenverSteve
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soporcogitavi View Post
It frustrates you? Why? Who cares?

So what if some people think they own an M car? Let them be proud, they should be. The new x5 m50I is faster than the X5M's from a few years ago anyways. So it's all perspective.

I've owned AMGs, M cars, M sports. Never had the need to humble someone. It's a vehicle.
The new m440i is almost as fast a the M4. The new c43 xdrive is faster off the line in real world than the c63 RWD 0-100.

If you have an M sport, go for it and consider it a M if it pleases you, BMW put the badge on there. They cost enough, and the technology is enough to clearly separate them from base models.
Great post. Actually though, I've not seen "M-Sport" on anything. It's either a car marked M - or it's not. An M40i or M50i isn't marked "sport" anywhere I've seen. It's an M40i, M50i.... For some reason nay-sayers seem to think it has something to do with aero add-ons - and it doesn't. It has to do with all the M performance upgrades which is all that makes an M, an M. Some (M50i) have a few less M features and some (M5, M7...) have more. It's only a "thing" because some make it a thing. When they stop with the negativity, the thread will die. Until the next one. ..............
Appreciate 0