View Single Post
      04-05-2019, 09:17 AM   #319
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Just over .5 acres, which isn't bad for in the city. Not much room on either side, but the lots in that part of the neighborhood are pretty deep.

That glass block and low roof at the right-hand end was an addition of a full bath and an office. That's the part of the house that will eventually become the master suite, I think. We'll extend that whole area out and make it a proper bed/full bath/closet on that end of the home.

We also need to add a patio or ground-level deck to the back. There's nothing but grass there currently. I'm thinking big patio with a Malm or Preway freestanding fireplace. Maybe a small courtyard off the new master suite, as well. I'd LOVE to score some breeze blocks to build a privacy wall for the owner's courtyard area!
Not bad at all for the city. To be honest, it looked like even more from the pictures out the back from the floor to ceiling windows, though of course I can't judge property lines.

We don't live in the city, so we are on a 2.2 acre lot, but I figure at least half, maybe more is wooded. And I just spoke to the guy who apparently is buying the 55 acres we (and all my neighbours) back onto, and he seems like a nice enough guy. He was enquiring whether some of my neighbours would be interested in purchasing some of the land to add to their own property since he doesn't need it all, which I suspect they would be interested.

And I would be very interested in purchasing (or even better, having my neighbour purchase who I know is interested) this little 33ft swath of property in between us, which this new guy will own. If we can get that, we can block all access to our private road, and keep things the way they are. We are 15 minutes drive (at least the way I drive) from a decent sized city, so I feel like we have the best of both worlds.
Appreciate 1