12-30-2018, 02:45 PM   #7
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
Interesting. I've been thinking about the Dinan or Eventuri and a tune, but I have night vision on my car. So there's some question about whether the Eventuri, or any other CAI that mounts behind the grille, would work effectively or fit because of the front facing camera. Seems the most sensible solution would be a design such as the Dinan since it doesn't mount behind the grille. But it sound like you're saying the Dinan isn't effective. Can you please elaborate more?
If someone has made over 800whp on the stock intake boxes with a couple mods to them like removing the charcoal filters, adding BMC performance filters, and sealing the boxes from engine bay hot air then the money spent on the Dinan intake would be for under the hood looks only as it does not change the sound much since it's sealed and you're not going to gain anything from it. At least with a cold air front mounted intake you get an amazing sound, otherwise it's also not making you significant power over the modified stock intake boxes.
Appreciate 0