View Single Post
      08-18-2021, 08:44 AM   #534
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
I have owned 3 Z's in my life. 1 z31 and 2 Z32 - one being a TT that I owned for close to 15 years. I considered it about the perfect fun car. I had it fairly modded, and it had insane power on the highway, but if you let your grandma drive it, it had perfect manners. The seats were some of the best I have ever owned. Not best in a sports car - best period. I could have driven across the country in those in perfect comfort.

The 350Z left me flat. I wanted to like it, but every time I drove one I felt like I was moving backwards. Not as comfortable to drive. Not NEARLY the power or tightness. And I never cared for the look. The 370 looked better to me, but again - felt more "Corolla" inside to me and never got me close to signing the line.

I really wanted to be excited about this Z. The specs were sounding good, the 6 speed manual got me excited. But the design is just very muted to me. Looks like it will be a great bang for your buck, but that never did it for me. I want to sit in that seat an feel like I belong there and can't stop smiling.

Maybe in person it will look better, but nothing about the outside excites me. I think ioe could drive right by me without notice. I'm not a huge Supra fan either, but you sure as hell notice them when they go by.

I'll reserve judgment till I see one in person I guess. If anything - this has gotten me looking at used Z32's again......LOL