View Single Post
      01-01-2019, 11:28 AM   #20
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSeed View Post
Currently out of stock but these are what I purchased for my OEM rims after powder coating. Best ones I've seen. The entire logo fits, centered & the color bars have even width. The only thing questionable is the 3M gray double sided tape it comes with. If you ever tried to remove the original ones, they are actually glued on the rims.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-M-STICK...53.m1438.l2649

Our rims are so much a like except you have better tires. I have OCD as well...aligned the center cap with the logo on all 4.

Looking forward to seeing how your car turns out...………….

Since you had your front bumper re-sprayed, are you going to use paint protection film? The only negative is the material is grippy. Have to apply slick ceramic coating.
Thanks for that link! Although they are out of stock, the buyer has the part # listed so I should be able to locate them. I ordered a set prior and they were a hair too big for the given space.

Lol that's funny you mentioned that about lining the center cap up with the M decal. I planned to realign the caps when my wheels go in for powder coating early April. Our wheels are pretty similar in color though. What's the exact name of your finish? Although I love the color on mine, the paint job is pretty poor and the barrels are starting to fade. I'm hoping the shop I have do it can match the color perfectly and then finish it down in a semi gloss.

Yeah, the SS tires are solid. I will be replacing them with 4S's though at the same time I get the wheels powder coated.

As far as wrapping the front bumper, I'm still on the fence about that. I love, love the look of corrected/polished paint and although PPF has come a long way, I can still notice how it slightly dilutes the depth you get with bare paint. I have a couple of months to think about it though since I wont be driving the car all that much since its winter here.
Appreciate 0