View Single Post
      11-17-2020, 06:46 PM   #46
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR_e92 View Post
Agreed, seems like a pretty good deal. That condition is exactly what I'm looking for. Had a short FaceTime call with the owner last week as well to get a closer look at the paint, in photos is looks near flawless and as another member stated there's got to be more to the story than the photos show. The paint has some small acid rain marks throughout that are only visible up close and under the right lighting but the owner of the dealership did a really good job of showing me on the FaceTime call and capturing for me. Not the biggest deal imo more concerned with dents/scratches and mechanical condition.

Question: is 100-120k considered low mileage on an E46 M3 with only two owners? In your opinion. I realize "low mileage" is relative to opinion I'm just curious what the rest of the community thinks. To me, any e36/46 with under 100k is considered low mileage. And even 100-130ish I consider lower but it's on the verge of not being able to put "low miles" in the title if were me
I would consider something like 50-60k low mileage, but as you said, it's completely subjective.

At 100k, depending on the car's history, it'll need an overhaul, if age hasn't already compromised some of the parts. But keep mind 120k on an E36 engine and E46 are 2 completely different worlds. At 120k, the S54 should have already been bulletproof otherwise you're taking a big gamble (VANOS, rod bearings, timing chain guide...). E36 on the other hand does not require as much work to the engine.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
JayR_e92239.00