01-21-2020, 08:20 PM   #3
AccordTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i XDrive Gran Coupe M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBF650 View Post
I was cleaning out some stuff today from my boot and suddenly it occurred to me , where was the jacking and wheel removal kit for my 650? Had I forgotten to get this when I bought the car a year ago from the previous owner.... hmmm damn. Of course I knew the car was fitted with run flats from new ( long gone now thank god) but still assumed there must be a jack right?
I looked in all the usual spots. Yes there was a triangle in the boot lid, the towing hook and odd looking screw driver in a small pouch in the compartment next to the battery but alas no jack or wheel nut wrench. Hmmmm
I consulted the manuals as perhaps BMW had put them somewhere else ..... nope not a mention of a jack or wheel removing kit .... odd
I called my BMW dealership and asked them if this was missing and where would or should it be..... they told me there isn't a jack or wheel removing kit supplied with the cars now. What! Why not? What if i wanted to remove the wheels and clean them I asked the adviser... ? They were dumbfounded at my question and simply said you would need to bring it to us or a tyre centre to have the wheels removed....
apologies re the long preamble .... my question is, do your 6ers have jacks and wheel removers in the US and Europe supplied? It seems in Aus we are not given them now.....
The cars came with run flats so there is no need for any of that stuff. Anyone wanting to remove a wheel would use shop impact tools.
Carbon Front Splitters
Carbon Rear Diffuser
Carbon Grilles
Powder Coated 373m Triple Bronze
CPG intakes
Arm catless downpipes
Arm charge pipes
Custom Snow Performance methanol injection
Custom exhaust, straight pipes to quad tips
Bootmod3 Stage 2
3.5 Tmaps
xHP Stage 3