View Single Post
      06-07-2021, 03:42 PM   #38
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Mavericks have a top 10 player easily so they can try to build around him but IMHO they need a new head coach and a better supporting cast. Call me crazy but I’ll take Kristaps for Julius Randle (+\-) players to make salaries match up.

While the Knicks need a true superstar to contend (KP isn’t that), however, KP thrived in NY and had a better career there than in Dallas and clearly a change of scenery needs to be made. Julius Randle had a pretty good season but a disastrous short postseason. Would like to hear Mav fans of a KP for Randle swap?

Edit: did a trade machine here just to make the salaries match. Mavs would get out of that contract and all the players going to Dallas would be on expiring contracts. Would give them more financial flexibility.
I wouldnt mind it just because it means we are out of the contract after a year.

I dont see the Knicks taking KP, or really anyone taking KP right now, because its apparent the injuries hes been racking up have taken a toll on him and he has a long big contract. We'll have to give up draft capital if we want to move him and have someone take that contract, and we dont have a 1st to trade until 2027.

KP in NY is not the same KP in dallas. Hes had a few significant injuries since then.

As for HC, I dont think there is anyone better that is available. Carlisle would be scooped up immediately if Dallas let him go by at least a dozen teams with HC question marks.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0