03-21-2021, 10:03 AM   #5
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
I am quite at peace with showing up to cars and coffee or other car meets and almost without fail being the only M6GC
Same here, at Cars and Coffee events there will often be a dozen or more F chassis M3/4's. Even a decent handful of F10/F90 M5's. I've never seen another M6 at one besides mine regardless of coupe, gran coupe, vert or even E chassis.

To address OP's question, the new G chassis M3 and M4 are just not for me. Can't get over the grille but the rest of the car is impressive nonetheless. I also have a tough time entertaining the idea of going down in size from this segment of car as a daily driver. I had a 2013 Audi S6 before an Audi A4 lease (company deal) and couldn't stand the size of the A4 day to day. Going from something as small as the A4 into the M6 GC I have now was a welcome change (in a lot of ways).

Follow up car after the M6 will likely be an RS6 Avant in a few years. At that same time, I would also entertain an LCI F90 M5 Comp or M8 GC comp, but bottom line is I would make a lateral move as far as size/performance are concerned.

Last edited by LJohnson32; 03-21-2021 at 10:13 AM..
Appreciate 1
MMMM6GC275.00