04-11-2019, 07:17 PM   #7
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagmail View Post
6000$ for a pair of headlights that’s 6 years old and value of 50k ?

No way in hell, with taxes that’s about 7k goes more than 1% more like 10-12%

If it was new model new technology that would be different story, you can find 7 series headlights 2015-2017$ used for 700 bucks mint condition while these old 6 series going for 1000-1200$ with small damages it’s crazy. Not worth it IMO.

I think I’m just gonna open them and refinish and much as I can they’re just foggy and those little tiny specs headlights get over time.

130-140k for headlights that age like shit let me not mention my carbon ceramic brakes that squeak like a hot hell, and the crazy 2qt oil consumption I been taking to dealer for two years already.

Just disappointed at this point don’t think I’ll get another M I’ll be going with Mercedes next Ive just had so many bad experiences at my dealership also bunch of idiots tell them something is wrong and they’ll always brush it off or look at other stuff and completely forget to fix what was first mentioned.

Not to mention my carbon fiber roof I been fighting with the dealer for two years now due to fading mind you I have CPO and I had orig warranty back then.
That sucks about your experience with the M6. Mine eats maybe half a quart of oil in 6,000 miles if that and I drive it hard, and the cf roof looks like new. Just some bad egg cars out there and the same can happen with a Mercedes which is why i prefer to lease new cars, when there's a problem, it's their problem not mine. I would buy a used Porsche, Lambo, or Ferrari due to the residual value hold, but not an M6, or E63, S63, etc. they're always on the way down fast for the first 5 years.
Appreciate 0